Admission Open

Overseas Student Health Cover

International students undertaking formal studies in Australia, and their dependents (for example, spouses and children under 18 years old), must obtain OSHC. It includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals (medicines). OSHC insurers can provide a range of different OSHC products. These may range from a basic product which covers only the compulsory minimum services to comprehensive products which cover, in addition to the compulsory minimum services, extra services as specified under the particular policy. Learn more about OSHC, including a list of the providers at The Department of Home Affairs requires overseas students to maintain OSHC for the duration of time they are in Australia. For further information please visit the Department of Home Affairs website. Southern Academy has partnered with BUPA the services to international students as well. The Bupa Membership Card normally takes 6 weeks to be delivered to the College. Remember to request for the receipts when you pay for the doctor consultation. Bupa will reimburse some of your expenses in the conduct of doctor’s diagnoses and treatments. You can talk to our reception if you need any help in regards to arrangement of a Bupa card or for more detailed information on OHSC refer to . Alternatively, there are more OHSC provider in Australia if you want to organize your cover by yourself. Some of the providers and their contact are Medibank Private by phone 1800 188 188 or Australian Health Management by phone on (+61) 134 246 or   You can view the complete guide by clicking the link Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)